Subject: Re: tracking freebsd/openbsd pkg_?
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/28/2003 00:30:24
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:22:55 -0400
William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com> wrote:

> "Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:
> >
> > Is there some feature that you want?
> >
> Well, last June I posted pkg/21980 for the capability of using, for
> example, `pkg_add screen` or `pkg_add misc/screen` and it would find
> a binary package, or FTP/CVS just the appropriate pkgsrc (without all
> the rest), and compile and install.
>
> I know that others have this capability, so I thought I'd take a look,
> assuming I'm not tromping in somebody here's territory.  So, I asked.

I just read your PR and I was searching your patch, but I can't find anything.

BTW have you tried:

$ export
PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/<your_version>/<your_arch>/

And later:

$ pkg_add <your_package>

Yeah, FreeBSD has the '-r' option ... but we have the same using PKG_PATH more
or less.

--
Juan RP <juan AT xtraeme DOT UnixBSD DOT org>