Subject: Re: Makefile targets and variables
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@terabyte.com.ua>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/2003 16:13:41
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:52:10 +0300
> "Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@terabyte.com.ua> wrote:
> {snip}
>>In FreeBSD bundle, some rc startup script named not "drwebd",
>>but "00drwebd". Moreover, it just a bit-to-bit copy of "drwebd".
>>By developers' think, on FreeBSD this should prevents starting
>>some other software which may be drweb filter and which have the
>>name, alphabetically smaller than "drweb" ("aaa" for example).
>

> You should create a custom rc.d script, using NetBSD's rc.subr, and place
> it in files/.  Then, use bsd.pkg.install.mk to install it.  rc.subr is
> available for other systems, so it should be no problem on FreeBSD.

In pkgsrc/rc.subr/Makefile is wrotten:
ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM=      Linux-*-* SunOS-*-*

Thus, on FreeBSD 4 it will not really works. I think it is a better
approach to use:
NOT_FOR_PLATFORM=	NetBSD-1.[5-9]*-* NetBSD-[2-9]*-* FreeBSD-[5-9]*-*

Another thing (but some offtopic) is even if I include dependency on
pkgtools/rc.subr, it shows me message about unavailabilty, and then
continues build process. In my case this not so critical, but it is
possible to stop build process if some dependent package isn't availabe
for my platform?

--
Best wishes,
Mishka.