Subject: Re: poptop server
To: Phil Nelson <phil@netbsd.orgt>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/06/2003 22:44:46
Le Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:15:03 -0700
Phil Nelson a ecrit :
>    I've been trying to use net/poptop to provide a VPN server for a M$
>    client.
> The logs show the connection to poptop and poptop starting pppd, but
> I've never been able to get the M$ client successfully logged in.  I
> think it is a configuration issue, but I've tried a bunch of things with
> no luck.
>
>    I was wondering if someone else had successfully used poptop as a VPN
> server that worked with M$ clients.  If, I'd love some help!

I'm using PoPToP on a NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE box and it works perfectly.

With NetBSD 1.6.x, you have to comment out the gre interface in your
kernel configuration in order to use PoPToP. The issue is corrected on
-current.

(I've just sent a PR for an update to 1.1.3 [which is equally affected by
the gre(4) issue], if you want, in pkg/22706.)

Could anyone send a pull-up request for that?

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/ip_gre.c.diff?r1=1.19&r2=1.20&f=h

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.