Subject: Re: Where did devel/php4-pcre go?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/03/2003 15:58:36
Todd Vierling wrote:
> I don't see pcre linked into any php4 module after the 4.3.3 update.  Why
> was devel/php4-pcre deleted without a replacement!?

pcre is part of main php4 package, i.e. not separate extension module
anymore.

> This update reeks of lack of testing.  There's people complaining about
> multiple php4 module segfaults (mysql in a PR, and another recently on this
> list) -- someone needs to fix this, and quick.

Please get the facts straigt first. MySQL one was red herring,
it was some kind of local problem on the submitter's system.
The domxml thing is caused by libpthread lossage, i.e. not connected
with the PHP update at all. I'm not aware of any other problem
with the update.

Please actually check stuff before accusing of lack of testing.

Jaromir