Subject: Re: PKG_USERS adding user but group doesn't exist
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2003 10:58:14
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

: PKG_USERS=              ${MAN_DB_USER}:${ROOT_GROUP}::man-db\\ user
: USE_PKGINSTALL=         YES
:
: The ROOT_GROUP didn't exist so the useradd failed. And the "make
: install" continued and many files didn't install because of missing user.

: I don't think we should assume that the group (defined in PKG_USERS)
: exists. It should be checked and added if needed.

Add PKG_GROUPS in addition to PKG_USERS and you will get the behavior you
want.  See databases/postgresql-server/Makefile for an example.  This isn't
implicit because the messages in the generated DEINSTALL need to know about
the added group as well.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>