Subject: Re: xmms-flac plugin broken?
To: None <collver1@comcast.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/20/2003 17:51:34
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 collver1@comcast.net wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:40:57PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> > When do a fresh install of today's pkgsrc flac, xmms and xmms-flac
> > packages, I'm still getting an error I got with old versions:
> >
> >     /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.so: Undefined PLT symbol "FLAC__plugin_common__init_dither_context" (symnum = 28)
> >
> > And of course flac files don't play. Anybody got any clues as how to fix this?
>
> I am getting the same error.. I'll investigate it when I get the chance.

This is because flac-1.1.0/src/plugin_xmms is being compiled, but not
flac-1.1.0/src/plugin_common. The plugin_common directory has the
function that's missing. There's a commented-out do-build target in the Makefile
that looks as if it's supposed to try to compile the plugin_common stuff
as well, but uncommented it just makes the build die with

    gmake: *** No rule to make target `../../src/share/grabbag/libgrabbag.a', needed by `libxmms-flac.la'.  Stop.

Have fun! I'd love to see this working.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org