Subject: Re: mk/bulk/post-build portability
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/18/2003 15:06:02
* On 2003-08-18 at 14:48 BST, Gavan Fantom wrote:

> I've reimplemented a couple of bits in mk/bulk/post-build to
> remove dependence on RCS indent and a powerful awk. This aids
> portability to Solaris, and also means we're not calling awk quite
> so much to do work that perl really ought to be able to do.
>
> Any objections if I commit this?

I've also been working on a patch which has fixed most of the
problems with bulk builds on SunOS (started a run on Friday and it's
currently 48.8% through).

Yours looks like a good complement to mine, which also includes
general cleanups.  As I'm off on holiday for 3 weeks soon, I've put
it at http://www.perkin.org.uk/projects/netbsd/bulk.diff if you want
to nick the known-working bits (I've not had time yet to test it
either fully on Solaris or at all anything else, so there are
probably numerous bugs) and apply those.  I'll work on more general
cleaning when I get back.

Also, if you have time, I submitted pkg/22528 earlier which fixes the
SunOS xpg4 egrep breakage in bsd.bulk-pkg.mk.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin                         <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
BBC Internet Services         http://www.perkin.org.uk/jonathan/