Subject: Re: document PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/14/2003 11:42:19
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Juan RP wrote:

> > Can someone document the PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE in the Packages.txt?
> >
> > When should it be used? And an example with explanation on how it can be
> > used?
>
> It should be used if a package contains files *.pc.in, if there are more
> files than one, you can use PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=, i.e:
>
> PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE=	${WRKSRC}/file.pc.in
> PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=	${WRKSRC}/file2.pc.in
>
> With url2pkg ( pkgtools/url2pkg ), it will add automatically all files
> for pkgconfig ...

Thank you for the example, Juan.

I see some packages also use a pkgconfig/buildlink2.mk.

Since I am still learning about pkgconfig, I am still confused when it
should be used. For example, mozilla source includes *.pc.in files but
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE is not used and they aren't included with the mozilla
package.

I made the mozilla/Makefile.common now include:

PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-js.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-nspr.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-nss.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-plugin.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    ${WRKSRC}/build/unix/mozilla-xpcom.pc.in

I am doing this because epiphany needs mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc. (I am
currently building my mozilla-gtk2 package right now again.)

Can someone document the PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE in the Packages.txt?

When should it be used?

And does PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE have anything to do with
pkgconfig/buildlink2.mk?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/