Subject: Re: Berkeley Databases
To: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Juan RP <jrp@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2003 09:30:46
--dg4aIs=.QOT4YDLH

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:39:21 +0930 (CST)
wulf@ping.net.au wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I've come across several packages that require and check for Berkely DB
> libraries see below:
>
> checking for main in -ldb-4.0... no
> checking for main in -ldb-3.3... no
> checking for main in -ldb-3.2... no
> checking for main in -ldb-3.1... no
>
> The Berkeley DB libraries in pkgsrc/databases/db{3,4} are not recognized
> by the applications configure script as libdb4 <> libdb-4.0

The problem comes with the different versions of Berkeley DB that we
have on pkgsrc. The only way I can see is modifying the configure script
and change the test of those headers, if you want db4, i.e:

-#include "db.h"
+#include <db4/db.h>

-              /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1 /usr/include/db4:/usr/lib"
+              /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1 ${PREFIX}/include/db4:${PREFIX}/lib"

> Is there an easy way to work around this withoug the need of hacking
> the configure script?

Perhaps another way can be any option to configure, i.e:

--with-berkeleydb-lib or --with-berkeleydb-inc ...

--
Juan RP		<jrp@hispabsd.org>
--

--dg4aIs=.QOT4YDLH