Subject: Re: pkg/22395: Libtool needs shared version of libXss (or does it?)
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/08/2003 03:13:46
On Fri August 8 2003 03:58, Nick Hudson wrote:
> On Thursday 07 August 2003 23:36, Nate Hill wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I know Kopete is in pkgsrc. What I meant by "my own Kopete
> > package" was my own 0.7 package - based on the 0.6.2 one. I am
> > updating the existing package. What this report is about is the
> > fact that It's not linking against the static library correctly
> > and only provides a static libkopete. I just want to know how to
> > get libtool to do this correctly. Thanks.
>
> This isn't a libtool problem. See
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2003/06/02/0001.html
>
> Although, I've stopped working on this as another developer has a
> better (imo) solution.

I really don't understand that PR very well. If I understand
correctly, all the libraries listed currently build only a static
version?

Anyways, I've fixed the problem by not using Xss in the build.
However, I'd like to be able to use Xss at somepoint. I really am not
sure where the problem lies or how to fix it. If this is not a
libtool problem, what is it? More importantly, how do I build a
shared library linked against libXss.a? This is all this PR is really
about...

--
Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>