Subject: Re: XFree86 meta package imported in pkgsrc-wip
To: Juan RP <jrp@hispabsd.org>
From: Julien T. Letessier <mezis@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2003 12:32:50
On Jul 23, 2003, at 23:16, Juan RP  was heard saying:

> Hi, I've imported the XFree86 meta package to pkgsrc-wip,
> please feel to review.
>
> This package has been tested on FreeBSD/NetBSD -current
> x86 and works without any problem, at this moment build on
> NetBSD 1.6.x doesn't works.

Hi Juan,

I don't know if you've examined the xfree-4.2.1 package I've submitted to
tech-pkg some time ago, which never was commited to pkgsrc.

Looks like we've done some duplicate efforts ;)

Anyways, here's a few questions:

- can your XFree package(s) be installed under ${LOCALBASE}, or in
  ${LOCALBASE}/X11 for instance ?

- can you explain inshort why it won't work with x11-links ?

Cheers,
--
Julien T. Letessier              aim:jletessier
Graduate ENSIMAG Student         http://www.mezis.net

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail & vCards
                          - against webmail ads