Subject: Re: freetype2 broken?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: James Chacon <jmc@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2003 01:42:30
I can and now I know why.

Run lintpkgsrc -m (or some other varient of lintpkgsrc).

This opens bsd.pkg.mk directly and parses it. It then looks for anything
which matches the pattern:

if (m#^\.include\s+"([^"]+)"#)

(Note, this is a bug also)

But it skips things which match this:

            if (m#/mk/bsd#)
                { debug("$file: .include skipped\n"); }

So, since this doesn't match that it tries to include it and can't correctly
since it's 1 directory higher than anything else expecting to include
bsd.pkg.mk.

Couple of notes:

1. lintpkgsrc really should look for ^\s*\.\s*include as lots of include put
spaces between the . and include (or possibly could indent).

2. If it does go ahead and include something from bsd.pkg.mk it should drop
the first path element off or otherwise correct it assuming a normal include
of bsd.pkg.mk

For now, simply changing the .include "../../mk/tools.mk" to . include will
make it shut up, but that's not a correct solution (fixing lintpkgsrc is
the correct one) but I don't personally have time at the moment to do that.

James