Subject: Re: How to have conditional PLISTs
To: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2003 20:25:26
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Nate Hill wrote:

> Okay, can anyone tell me how one should implement conditional PLISTs?
>
> For instace, in the kdegraphics3 package I plan on making GPhoto2 and
> gpio support optional (depends on USE_ flag) and I'm wondering how I
> would have a PLIST which also reflects the state of the same flag...

The great thing about pkgsrc is that there are a couple thousand examples!

Also, the documentation at pkgsrc/Packages.txt is very useful and
frequently improved.

Have a look at an up-to-date Packages.txt and read about PLIST_SUBST.

Then search a few categories Makefiles and find some examples, like:
graphics/gdk-pixbuf
sysutils/grub

Basically you have a variable in your PLIST. If you want that entry to
really exist the variable is blank. If you want it to not exist, that
variable becomes a comment.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/