Subject: sup vs. cvs for check out.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Root <root@sabeard.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/30/2003 13:34:26
I have been using sup for a while to checkout and update my pkgsrc
on my machine.  I applied the updates for imap-uw yesterday and of
course it did not work.  I noticed the update was committed overnight.
Now here I am almost 12 hours after the update and sup still has not
downloaded the updates.  I even went so far as to force sup do download
pkgsrc again.  I just tried downloading the latest pkgsrc with cvs and
I now have the update.  The pkgsrc documentation mentions using sup,
cvs, and the tarball for updating the pkgsrc.  I figured that at the
very least sup and cvs would be equally accurate, is that assumption
wrong?

Thanks
Scott Beard

sabeard@sabeard.net