Subject: Re: libtool oddity
To: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/29/2003 16:35:10
--FZIkiClxIZ9JeWSb

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:23:48PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>=20
> Basically, if anyone who knows buildlink/libtool innards well can
> provide pointers or a fix, that'd be good, else I'll carry on looking
> through (don't know whether this behaviour exhibits on other OS too).

it's caused by the way how libtool is configured on different OSes.

NetBSD's libtool:

# List of archive names.  First name is the real one, the rest are links.
# The last name is the one that the linker finds with -lNAME.
library_names_spec=3D"\${libname}\${release}.so\$versuffix \${libname}\${re=
lease}.so\$major \${libname}\${release}
=2Eso \${libname}.so"

SunOS's libtool:

# List of archive names.  First name is the real one, the rest are links.
# The last name is the one that the linker finds with -lNAME.
library_names_spec=3D"\${libname}\${release}.so\$versuffix \${libname}\${re=
lease}.so\$major \$libname.so"

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --