Subject: Re: pkg/20852
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <collver1@comcast.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/28/2003 15:47:34
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:22:06AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > > Yes, but in the default installation it should try to be a drop-in
> > > replacement for the base system supplied sendmail as far as possible.
>
> > When it installs files in /etc/mail, should those files be in the package's
> > PLIST so they are included in the binary package?
>
> Have a look at pkgsrc/Packages.txt and read the "Configuration files
> handling and placement" section. The files are generally installed "under
> share/examples/${PKGNAME} so PLIST can register them."

Thank you, this answers my question very nicely.

A patch to fix PR #20852 can be found at
http://netbsd.math.orst.edu/pkgsrc/sendmail.diff

All this patch does is avoid directly installing files in the system
configuration directory.  It does not change where the sendmail package is
going to look for configuration files.

I think this fix is sufficient to close the PR.  What do you think?

Ben