Subject: Re: Mozilla and Java
To: Nicholas Ricketts <nightshade@phreaker.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2003 15:21:27
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Nicholas Ricketts wrote:

: I was wondering if there is yet a way to have native mozilla run
: java plugins. I know you can run linux-mozilla and java plugin
: inside that. But, I have nothing but problems and slow running
: mozilla under linux emulation. Wanted to know if it is possible to
: have java under the native mozilla. Any ideas?

My jdk13 package under pkgsrc-wip allows this.  Get pkgsrc-wip, and build
wip/jdk13 with "JDK_WITH_PLUGIN=YES" in your mk.conf.

I don't currently have any prebuilt binaries of wip/jdk13 with the plugin
included, unfortunately, because the plugin ABI changed a bit between
Mozilla 1.3 and 1.4.  It has to be built from source at this time.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>