Subject: Sun JRE/JDK 1.4.2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2003 15:34:56
--WplhKdTI2c8ulnbP

Hi all,

I put up patches to update Sun JRE/JDK to 1.4.2 at
http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/sun-1.4.2.diff.  I
can't commit these at this poing in time, as the 1.4.2 JVM will only
work on -current, but I figured somebody else might find them useful.

Also note that you can run a -current kernel with a 1.6.1 Userland and
then use this JDK.  This allows, for example, to run Matlab 6.5R13 with
the full Java Desktop in a stable environment.

If somebody wants to import these into pkgsrc-wip, please do so -- I
haven't gotten around to getting an account for pkgsrc-wip myself and am
currently lacking the time to follow this as well.

-Jan

--=20
"Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

--WplhKdTI2c8ulnbP

--WplhKdTI2c8ulnbP--