Subject: Re: first 'addition' - check before send-pr?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2003 15:23:05
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 02:24:24PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> > I ran pkglint, and had to fudge a whole bunch of $NetBSD$ lines, which I
> > didn't read (or couldn't find) in the pkgsrc developer documentation.
>
> They are there so a user can know if he has the latest version of the
> patch. Use pkgtools/pkgdiff for creating them (look at all the installed
> programs, they are quite useful).

Thanks, I'll check it out.

> > -for the above, there was a file in work/wm../doc which wasn't in any
> > makefiles but I wanted to add in /usr/pkg/share/examples/ - I didn't know
> > how to modify the original makefiles in order to make a patch to do this :/
>
> Add a post-install target in the package's Makefile and install
> them there, like
> post-install:
> 	${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/wmclockmon
> 	${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/foo/bar ${PREFIX}/share/examples/wmclockmon
>
> > -if the work directory is different from the one pkgsrc wants to use, how
> > do you specify it?
>
> WRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/whatever

Great! I forgot one question - how do I do ports testing? I can only vouch
it works for i386, but I subscribed to the pkgsrc-wip list so I guess I'll
ask there.

Can I send-pr from the web/a-non-netbsd-system? Or should I just ask
someone else to do it for me?

Thanks!

Poff
--