Subject: Re: first 'addition' - check before send-pr?
To: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2003 14:24:24
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:26:47PM +0200, poff wrote:
> I have just 'finished' my first addition (or hopeful addition)to pkgsrc:
>
> http://poff.sixbit.org/tmp/wmclockmon.tar (~10k)

Looks ok.

> I ran pkglint, and had to fudge a whole bunch of $NetBSD$ lines, which I
> didn't read (or couldn't find) in the pkgsrc developer documentation.

They are there so a user can know if he has the latest version of the
patch. Use pkgtools/pkgdiff for creating them (look at all the installed
programs, they are quite useful).

> -for the above, there was a file in work/wm../doc which wasn't in any
> makefiles but I wanted to add in /usr/pkg/share/examples/ - I didn't know
> how to modify the original makefiles in order to make a patch to do this :/

Add a post-install target in the package's Makefile and install
them there, like
post-install:
	${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/wmclockmon
	${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/foo/bar ${PREFIX}/share/examples/wmclockmon

> -if the work directory is different from the one pkgsrc wants to use, how
> do you specify it?

WRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/whatever

Also, check out http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/ if you plan on creating more
new packages :)