Subject: Re: Are other people seeing lots of non-building packages lately?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2003 19:35:32
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:11:46PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> I'm running a current system, which means lots of things don't build. :)
> However, I'm having troubles with some fairly key packages including
> scrollkeeper (that galeon needs), glib2 (that lots of things need) etc.
>
> I don't know if it's local misconfiguration, since I haven't seen any
> email about this.
>
> I checked the pr database, and I didn't see anything. I'm about to
> send-pr, but I usually ask around before I do so.

I'm seeing tons of unbuildable packages lately. Well, maybe tons is an
overstatement, but many packages I had installed won't build anymore, such
as mplayer. In a lot of the cases it seems to be caused by checksum
mismatches. None of the cases that has happened recently has been an actual
*build* problem - only a problem caused by, i guess, sloppy pkgsrc
committing.

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!