Subject: Re: Are other people seeing lots of non-building packages lately?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2003 16:24:24
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> I'm running a current system, which means lots of things don't build. :)
> However, I'm having troubles with some fairly key packages including
> scrollkeeper (that galeon needs), glib2 (that lots of things need) etc.
>
> I don't know if it's local misconfiguration, since I haven't seen any
> email about this.
>
> I checked the pr database, and I didn't see anything. I'm about to
> send-pr, but I usually ask around before I do so.

I've noticed this too and managed to narrow it down to $CFLAGS, especially
if I have the following line in my .bashrc file:

export CFLAGS="-I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/local/include"

I don't know why this should cause trouble.  Among other things, this line
caused misc/dialog/ to fail to build.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu