Subject: Re: upgrading libtool
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2003 12:44:00
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I am getting errors like:
>
> ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler
> 'gnc_register_date_toggle_cb'.
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_block_by_data(): could not find handler
> containing data (0x8669D00)
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_handler_unblock_by_data(): could not find
> blocked handler containing data (0x8669D00)

I see these errors, too.  According to a message I found from one of the
developers, the problem is that older versions of libtool aren't
exporting symbols from the executable (to dynamically loaded SO's, I
assume).  I see hundreds of these warnings; if you're only seeing a few,
then maybe your compiler or linker is different from mine.

> After I added a few items to the Register. I am able to use the
> "Reconsile" feature. I am able to click buttons and different funds and it
> appears to work.

You're luckier than I, then.  How would feel about throwing together a
binary package for me?

> Hmmm.. I just click "New" and it crashed:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6568)
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GtkObject'
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1070 (gtk_object_get_data_by_id):
> assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (6569)

Looks like it could be a symptom of the linker problem.  I've never seen
that, though.

Chris

--
Chris Jones               chris@cjones.org                www.cjones.org