Subject: Re: Serious Arts problems
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/08/2003 20:55:29
On Tuesday July 8 2003 20:44, you wrote:
> 	From:  Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
> 	Date:  Wed, 9 Jul 2003 01:15:14 +0100
>
> > > I'm running 1.6.1 and I'm still experiencing this problem.  I've been
> > > busy and esd+xmms has been "working".  Anyways, I talked to Mark Davies
> > > and he said that my problem with noatun seems widespread (only plays ~1
> > > second of .mp3|.ogg) and my artsdsp problems are expected.
>
> Actually thats not quite what I said.  After a query from Nate I confirmed
> that noatun wasn't playing mp3's for me any more with pth (and on current
> but Nick's patches should have fixed that) but other arts based apps were
> working. As to artsdsp, I'd never looked at it as I had just assumed it was
> going to be very linux specific and that anyway a KDE/arts developer in
> response to a KDE bug report of Nate's had said that artsdsp was just
> "buggy".
>
> > I think that packages such as mplayer and xmms have had arts support
> > explicity disabled by whoever pkg'ed them.
>
> Yes there are about 4 or 5 open PR's on this that I've been meaning to do
> something about.

Okay, I understand the artsdsp issue and I just want to confirm that my Noatun
issue exists.  I'm really not worried about artsdsp and I would be satisfied
if Noatun worked.  At that point the only thing I would have issues with is
mplayer.  Thanks for all the work.  I am available but have limited
experience.

--
Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>