Subject: Re: Adding brs to pkgsrc
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2003 11:10:17
On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 06:47:17PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I have put together an entry for brs, a King James Version Bible
> program, for pkgsrc. The tarball is available from:
>
> http://www.bsdjournal.net/brs.tar.gz
>
> What is the best way to get this committed? Is send-pr the preferred
> way? This is the first time I have packaged a program and I am a little
> unfamiliar with how to submit a package through send-pr. I looked for an
> example in the database but I could not find one. I read through
> Packages.txt but that did not clear up all my questions. Could anyone
> show me an example submission done using send-pr or suggest a better
> way of doing it? Thank you.

If you have a server you can post the package on, the best approach is
to file a PR, with a URL pointing to the package you've built.

If you don't have a server, it is acceptable to uuencode the package and
include it in the PR, but it's not the preferred method, since it adds
bulk (and no real value) to the PR database.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,