Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2003 20:53:03
Adam,

sorry for delay in getting to this...

Can you grab bmake-3.1.18 from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/sjg/
and if you don't already have *.mk installed somewhere, grab
mk-1.3.2 from the same location - though I suspect the ones you got from
bootstrap-pkgsrc will do (be better).

Unpack the above bmake somewhere and just:

./configure
make -f makefile.boot bootstrap

You may need to set MKSRC to the place where you have *.mk

With that bmake, see what you get for

bmake -V MACHINE
bmake -V MACHINE_ARCH

also, as work arrounds you can use

configure --with-machine_arch=sparc

if that doesn't help, then you have an env problem.  bmake actually picks up
MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH from the environment.  It uses internal/learned
values only if not already set in the environment.

If what its getting from your environment is a problem you can use

--with-force-machine=<whatever>

see configure --help for the other interesting/esoteric options.

I don't recall if bmake-3.1.12 (which is what's in bootstrap-pkgsrc)
has all the above or if the bootstrap target works as well as in
3.1.18.

Let me know how you go.
--sjg