Subject: pthread problem.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Pritesh <shahpritesh_email@excite.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/26/2003 13:42:08
I was trying to build a package (mim- viewing mpeg) and when i was trying to 'make' - it showed the following:

gcc: unrecognized option '-pthread'

Then i looked at the configure.in which had a part that looked like this:

if test "$SYSTEM" = "freebsd"; then
        MIMCC="gcc -DLIL_ENDIAN -DRTP_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DREENTRANT -Wall"
        MIMCFLAGS="-pthread"
        MIMLIBS="-lc_r"
fi
if test "$SYSTEM" = "solaris"; then
        MIMCC="gcc -DBIG_ENDIAN -DRTP_BIG_ENDIAN -DREENTRANT -DNEED_INET_NTOP -Wall"
        MIMCFLAGS=""
        MIMLIBS="-lpthread -lsocket -lnsl"
fi
if test "$SYSTEM" = "generic"; then
  MIMCC="gcc -DLIL_ENDIAN -DRTP_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DREENTRANT -Wall"
  MIMCFLAGS="-pthread"
  MIMLIBS="-pthread"
fi

I then added some extra lines for netbsd system test :

if test "$SYSTEM" = "netbsd"; then
        MIMCC="gcc -DLIL_ENDIAN -DRTP_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DREENTRANT -Wall"
        MIMCFLAGS=""
        MIMLIBS="-lpthread"
fi

i also made the required changes to configure also and then made patches.

Now with this its showing the following when i 'make' :

                                ld: cannot find -lpthread

I have also installed mit-pthread but it did not help. Can someone please help me out.

thanks
Pritesh

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com