Subject: Re: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2003 21:28:52
--XUMBhxr+x2Jl+q54

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:20:46PM -0700, adam morley wrote:
> >=20
> > could you test this simple Makefile somewhere outside pkgsrc?
> >=20
> >   all:
> >   	@echo ${MACHINE_ARCH}
>=20
> $ /usr/pkg/bin/bmake
>=20
> $

well, this seems like a bug in bmake after all.. (i cc:'ed sjg, the
bmake maintainer).

so just ask seb@netbsd.org..

> That said, would the NPC project
> (http://solarpack.sourceforge.net/howto.html) be a better bet than the
> binary kit from the NetBSD website?

i can't comment on that since i haven't used it.  solarpack enhancement
are going to be merged with pkgsrc soon most likely, though.  i have
good experience with using the pre-built binary kits from NetBSD.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --