Subject: pkgsrc on solaris 8/sparc + bmake gnome2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: adam morley <adam-netbsd-techpkg@gmi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2003 16:50:25
I'm bmake'ing meta-pkg/gnome2 now that pkgsrc is working (thanks to the netbsd-help mailing list for pointing out my completely missing bmake vs. make, and directing me here for future pkg inquireies), and I keep having packages barf like so:

checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... yes
checking for library with termcap variables... curses
checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking whether getenv is declared... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unsigned long long... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for mkstemp limitations... no
checking host system type... configure: error: /bin/ksh ./config.sub -sun-solaris failed
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gtexinfo
*** Error code 1

....continues....

Now, I've (for the last couple, like getext-lib and one other) manually run configure with: ./configure --prefix --rest of options from config.log, and then touched .configure_done in <pkg_srcdir>/work, but I'm starting to think there's something wrong here I'm missing.

I thought sparc-sun-solaris came from gcc?  if so, should I be using pkgsrc's gcc, as opposed to the gcc I alreay have?

thanks!

--
adam