Subject: I want to know almost everything about PLIST, PLEASE
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Yosep <yoskim@NMSU.Edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/19/2003 16:47:52
Hello.

I have been making packages for about two weeks, but I am still not quite
sure about how PLIST gets created.  Any technical detail would be great.

The problem I am having right now is that the files I need for the binary
packages would not get listed on the PLIST.  When I run "make install",
everything gets installed just fine.  However, whenever I run "make
print-PLIST > PLIST", only the files I specified in the main Makefile to
install get written out to PLIST.  So, when I do "make deinstall", only
the files that were present on the PLIST get removed, but the other
library files and binary files that were installed still reside on my
machine.  This situation thus causes the binary package to only have so
many files.

Again, any help or suggestion or enlightment would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much and have a nice evening.

   |\/\/|   |  Yosep Kim
   |,,,,|   |  NMSU Computer Lab Assistant
   |    |   |  Computer Science, M.S.
  [|^  ^|]  |  New Mexico State Unversity