Subject: Re: emailing MESSAGE/+DISPLAY
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2003 19:40:42
[ On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 23:49:28 (-0700), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: emailing MESSAGE/+DISPLAY
>
> Now back to my original question:
>
> What switch or environment variables should I use so pkg_add will email
> the +DISPLAY files?

Well assuming you're going to write a wrapper script or make rule that
just keeps track of what's been installed and then runs something like:

	pkg_info -dD $PKGS | Mail -s 'recent packages: $PKGS' $PKGNOTIFY

then why not just trigger it if the variable specifying the destination
addresses ($PKGNOTIFY in my example above) is non-empty?

--
								Greg A. Woods