Subject: nox11 vs x11
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/2003 12:32:52
Hi,

I think we should standardize on the naming of packages wrt to "-nox11"
vs "-x11".  Currently, we have several packages that have a "-nox11"
equivalent indicating that this package builds without X11, and others
with "-x11" equivalents.  It would be less confusing if we would have a
default and then say for packages that may either work with or without
the naming is always "<package name>" for _with_ X11 support and
"<package name>-nox11" without.

I don't have a preference as to which should be the default, but a
default should be chosen, I think.

Opinions?

-Jan

--
"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a