Subject: Re: pkgtools/pax has __RCSID
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/2003 15:22:27
On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:53:50PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Or should we use the  pax sources that were originally autoconf-ed by
> Jonathan Perkin and used in bootstrap-pkgsrc??
>
>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://bsd.reedmedia.net/
>
> p.s. I also prefer it be in archivers category or CATEGORIES contain
> archivers. And I want the package to be registered and allowed to be made
> (and use PKG_PRESERVE if that important).

yeah, pkgtools/pax is desperately in need of an update. It's on my
list, but I'm not sure when that means I will get to it.. the idea
is to use the NetBSD-current pax source and pkgtools/libnbcompat, if
you want to tackle it yourself for now :)

I wouldn't bother trying to fix problems in the current pax package,
it is too out-of-date and contains too many bugs to be really useful.

g.