Subject: Re: Testers needed for XFce 4
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/04/2003 21:46:11
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 01:21:45PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

Hiya,

First time I ran startxfce, xfwm4 complained that I didn't have any fonts.
So I checked /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf and it looked okay. Then I
tried startxfce4 a few more times.
Then I loaded olwm and ran startxfce4 from an xterm so that it wouldn't be able
to start xfwm4. Everything except xfwm4 started okay. Then I went back to the
console and did startxfce4 again and everything loaded okay.

I'm on NetBSD 1.6/i386 (release) with a -current pkgsrc, xfce4 stuff built from
your tgz, not from wip.

No idea what the problem was, but others might encounter it with a 1.6 system.

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk
http://www.toth.org.uk/~strawberry