Subject: Re: VCD playback working at all on i386 1.6.1?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2003 10:17:59
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: Your package leaves out "libavcodec" -- that directory is supposed to
: be dropped in from out of the "ffmpeg" repository -- and you forgot to
: do "mencoder".

I didn't change the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

: Both builds do fail the way you describe with a single argument of
: "vcd://". You have to use "vcd://2" to play the first mpeg stream,
: "vcd://3" to start with the second one, and so on. Is that it?

@$?&!

Yes, that's it.  This is obviously a huge bug, because the GUI gmplayer uses
only "vcd://" as the URL for opening the disc itself, causing those errors
and making it look like the disc is messed up.

So now I find my confusion:  gmplayer apparently loads a numbered list of
titles on "Open disc", but pops back to the gmplayer window with those SCSI
errors in the terminal.  Selecting "Title 1" does nothing (which is very
non-intuitive, because track 1 of a VCD is not considered a title track).
But selecting "Title 2"...  heeeere's Johnny!

Indeed,m this same procedure and "vcd://2" work in the current [g]mplayer in
pkgsrc.  <sigh>  How annoying.

Thanks again.  I'll leave my interim pkgsrc tarball up for now, in case it
helps provide a framework for moving the packages to 0.91 when it's
released.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>