Subject: Re: mysql* packages 4.0.13 done ( without m68k support )
To: None <jrp@hispabsd.org>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2003 16:37:10
In message <200305280631.30551.jrp@hispabsd.org>
	on Wed, 28 May 2003 06:31:30 +0200,
	Juan RP <jrp@hispabsd.org> wrote:
> > I've beem running mysql 3.23.56 quite some time on my 1.6.1 server but I
> > can't compile it in -current. That's the reason why we still don't have
> > a newer (3.x and 4.x) mysql in pkgsrc...
> >

> I agree with the names for the new mysql packages.
Thanks.  And current mysql-client and mysql-server should be updated
to mysql 3.23.56.

And please consider for adding those confgiruration parameters in
mysql-client/Makefile.common since current mysql lacks supoprting more
charsets.

MYSQL_CHARSET

default character set for mysql, used as:

	CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-charset=${MYSQL_CHARSET}

Possible values are big5, cp1251, cp1257, croat, czech, danish, dec8,
dos, estonia, euc_kr, gb2312, gbk, german1, greek, hebrew, hp8,
hungarian, koi8_ru, koi8_ukr, latin1, latin2, latin5, swe7, usa7,
win1250, win1251ukr, ujis, sjis and tis620.  Default should be laten1.

MYSQL_EXTRA_CHARSET

additional charcter set support for mysql, used as:

	CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-extra-charsets=${MYSQL_EXTRA_CHARSET}

Possible values are none, complex, all and usable value as
MYSQL_CHARSET.  Default should be all.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>