Subject: Re: VCD playback working at all on i386 1.6.1?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2003 17:35:38
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: > [**] This, I now discover, is the supplier of SCSI routines to [g]mplayer.
:
: Only for audio -- cdda://, cddb:// URI's.

So, cdparanoia is a red herring.

: ...except you said that cdda:// works. The [S]VCD reading code is
: mostly in "libmpdemux/vcd_read_nbsd.h" and elsewhere in "libmpdemux".
: You know, I do seem to remember now that it was broken in CVS for a
: while, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the break got pulled up into
: the release.

Heh.

: I don't suppose you'd like to try the CVS version? The only patch you
: really need is "patch-ad" (otherwise it dumps core immediately).

I'll try that and get back to you.  (If there's really that much fixed in
the CVS head, perhaps pkgsrc should be using a datestamped CVS-source
snapshot rather than 0.90-release?)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>