Subject: xine-lib-1-beta10 configure setting -mcpu=i386
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David <abs@mono.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2003 10:14:53
	The configure for xine-lib-1-beta10 sets -mcpu=i386, which breaks
	if CFLAGS contains -march=k6 (on a sample box I have here).
	Altering the -mcpu=i386 check to include any already set CFLAGS
	(so it can work out the flags are incompatible) causes it to
	set -march=i386 instead, which while it works is still unwanted
	as it overrides the -march=k6I had originally set in CFLAGS.

	In fact a large chunk of the configure seems to revolve around
	setting -mcpu or -march to ensure a binary package will not work
	on any other cpu.

	What is the best approach in this situation?

--
			David Brownlee - abs@mono.org