Subject: Re: kde3.1.1* and -current
To: None <mlh@goathill.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/15/2003 13:56:44
	From:  MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
	Date:  15 May 2003 00:35:49 GMT

> For about the last month or two, several kde programs have had
> problems with -current. knode doesn't really exit and has to be
> killed, noatun won't play and is always in 'Stopped' mode, and
> kscd looks for it's cddb database in /usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/kscd
> when it's built with xpkgwedge, and crashes shortly thereafter:

Well I can't comment on most of this as I still haven't got a current current
running but as to looking in /usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/kscd I believe that is
a hangover from you running an earlier version of KDE. The path has been saved
in your ~/.kde/share/kde/config/kscdrc.  If you delete that file and let kscd
recreate it you will see that the default is now ~/.kde/share/kde/apps/kscd/cddb
ie a per user tree, not a centrally shared one.

cheers
mark