Subject: Re: doc/STATUS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/27/2003 08:28:25
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 10:11:11AM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> There's still something I'd like to know:
>
>   'You are strongly encouraged to add leaf packages which are known to
>    build on certain platforms.'

That statement is my fault :-)

> Do I understand it correctly, that the 'fully supported' table is rather
> static with regard to adding packages?

> Is the 'supported' table supposed to become a complete list of leaf
> packages? If not, how should we determine which packages to add to that
> table?

I would like to be able to keep a list of packages known to build on
each platform, but I don't think this file is not the place to do it.
My intent with that was to add "interesting" packages, eg. those which
are popular and also which may have platform-specific requirements.
Packages which are unlikely to cause problems shouldn't be added,
imho.

> For a specific example, I had considered adding spamassassin-253 and
> p5-razor-agents-2.22 (used on NetBSD and tested on Solaris).

I would like to avoid adding perl modules, since they should work
almost everywhere... If particular modules are known to be
"difficult", they may be worth adding if they are "interesting"
enough.

Does that help?

grant.