Subject: PCRE in PHP
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frank DeChellis DSL <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2003 20:05:28
Hi!

I can;t seem to get pcre going with PHP 4.2.3.  PHP works fine.  I
installed php-pcre-4.3.2 and uncommented extension=pcre.so in php.ini with
no luck.  Restarted apache and restarted my server.  Clients app still
doesn;t work and test.php still tells me '--without-pcre-regex' under
configure commands.

I even went into Makefile.php for www/php4 and uncomments that configure
arguent and rebuilt php.  Below are the packaes I have installed.

So..in a nutshell, I had php4 working, installed php-pcre and she no work.
Is there another step I may have forgotten?

Thanks
Frank

php-mysql-4.2.3     PHP4 extension for MySQL databases
php-4.2.3nb2        HTML-embedded scripting language
php-pcre-4.2.3      PHP4 extension for Perl-compatible regular expressions
php-session-4.2.3   PHP4 extension for session-handling
php-gettext-4.2.3   PHP4 extension for gettext support
php-xml-4.2.3       PHP4 extension for parsing XML
phpmyadmin-2.3.3.1nb1 Set of PHP-scripts to adminstrate MySQL over the WWW
ap-php-4.2.3nb1     Apache module for PHP4

Frank DeChellis
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3W4
905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524
www.iaw.com