Subject: Re: configure cannot find qt libs
To: Joe Reed <jnr@cwru.edu>
From: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2003 08:14:37

> hi all,
>
> i'm building a package for kmoney2, personal financal software for kde3.
> however i cannot get the pkgsrc to configure it so it finds the qt3
> libraries.  i have included the following makefile:
>
> .include "../../x11/kde3/Makefile.kde3"
> .include "../../x11/qt3-libs/buildlink2.mk"
> .include "../../x11/kde3/buildlink2.mk"
> .include "../../x11/kdelibs3/buildlink2.mk"
> .include "../../x11/kdebase3/buildlink2.mk"
> .include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"
>
> but i still get the
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found.
> Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> *** Error code 1
>
> error.  any ideas what i'm forgetting here?  i'm building this on netbsd 1.6P
> i386 and pkgsrc -current as of 2 weeks ago.

Have a look inside config.log file and browse to the point at which the
configuration process fails. Also, check if you have the required headers
and library files are indeed under the work/.buildlink filesystem.

Are you sure your package uses KDE3? I thought that KDE3 uses qt-3.x
libraries. I was caught with this kind of problem a couple of times
in which case config.log would show an error due to missing or
malformed headers and definitions.

If all fails, you may send me te pkgsrc files and I will have a look.

cheerio Berndt