Subject: VMware 3.2 and virtual terminals
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, h0ho@hotmail.com>
From: Philippe St-Jacques <h0ho@hotmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2003 00:49:26
Hi all.

I just compiled and installed successfully vmware-modules-3.2 and vmware-3.2
on my pentium III NetBSD 1.6Q box. I made everything work after a short
time. But now I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I don't get
display. I have the virtual system booting and VMware is actually loading
Windows 2000, but I have a plain black window. VMware complains about
virtual terminals at start. Here is a part of the vmware log file.

Mar 29 14:29:07: MKS|[msg.vt.query] Failed to get a free virtual terminal:
No such device or address
Mar 29 14:29:07: MKS|[msg.mks.vtAllocFailed] Unable to allocate virtual
terminal for full-screen VGA.
Mar 29 14:29:11: VMX|Booting virtual machine

It complains but still continues the booting procedure. I'd like to know if
first the lack of display is related with the virtual terminals .. or if it
is something else I misconfigured. In both way, thanks in advance for the
help.

Philippe