Subject: pax for archivers/pax?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/25/2003 19:10:05
I see pkgsrc/pkgtools/pax, but I want a pax that is placed in $LOCALBASE,
properly registers as a package, has a good COMMENT (like "Multipurpose
archiver and directory copying tool"), and a DESCR that really describes
it.

Also, I see the filename is old and I am interested in having the useful
(and cool) mtree specification feature.

I currently use pax from bootstrap-pkgsrc (under a non-NetBSD). Is this
pax available by itself as a single download?

Has anyone made a package for a newer pax?

Is it okay to have two pax's in pkgsrc?

Maybe one pax in pkgsrc would be okay, but have some variable which can be
defined to force if it becomes a real package or not. Any comments?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/