Subject: Re: make variables .IMPSRC and .TARGET not used
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/25/2003 15:32:39
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> .IMPSRC, .TARGET etc are bmake aliases for < and @.  They mean nothing
> outside of bmake.  For portable makefiles one should use @,?,>,<,*
>
> >I think these local variables are not in GNU make. And for some reason
> >aren't working with the bmake.
>
> Are you sure about the last?

Thanks for making me check again. I see that the Makefile used "make". So
even though it didn't USE_GMAKE, it was using the gmake.

> >Any comments before I add my patch-ab fix to the pkg/20843?
>
> If the makefile should work with something other than BSD make, then
> .TARGET, .IMPSRC, .ALLSRC, .PREFIX et al should be avoided.

I sent a fix for the PR: make it use $(MAKE) instead of "make" and also
get rid of .TARGET and .IMPSRC (which doesn't matter once I made it use
correct make).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. Now to get a word list for libcrack. I found a few.