Subject: hardcoded etc/rc.d in PLISTs instead of RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2003 21:21:28
Several packages (such as samba20, net/arla, ucd-snmp, netatalk and many
more) assume /etc/rc.d/ is the location for rc.d scripts.

For example, I use:
 PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS= YES
 RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR= /usr/share/examples/rc.d

So my configs are installed to /etc/rc.d/ (the default RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR).

And my rc.d scripts are not installed where the PLIST indicates.

PLIST_SUBST can easily be used to make sure that the
RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR is used.

For example, I have in my security/openssh/PLIST:
${RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR}/sshd

And the security/openssh/Makefile has:
PLIST_SUBST+= RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR=${RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR}

Maybe that PLIST_SUBST should be the default for all?

Then all the PLISTs can be easily fixed.

Any comments?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. This is similar but unrelated to my email a few days ago about
setting RCD_SCRIPTS_EGDIR in PLIST for openssh. I need to send-pr that
simple fix.