Subject: Re: RFC: USE_ARTS, USE_ESD
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2003 12:31:47
--==========1892522778==========

> I've added Makefile knobs for supporting esd and/or arts in SDL and libao
> (pkg/20727, pkg/20728). Since I switch between the worlds on a regular
> basis, I need both. So maybe we could introduce an USE_ARTS and USE_ESD
> to the pkgs (like USE_CUPS/USE_OPENLDAP) ?
While re-reading the last sentince it sounds a bit weird. :-) What I meant=20
is that pkgsrc makes it at the moment hard to switch between KDE and Gnome. =

While esd is supported by most pkgs, arts is disabled most of the time (eg. =

mplayer, SDL, wine). Making seperate xyz-arts, xyz-esd, xzx-* doesn't help=20
for people switching the desktops. (Rebuilding the pkgs is IMHO againt the=20
POLA.). And activating esd and arts in all supporting pkgs by default could =

be a bit overkill.

Marc
--
mundus es fabula