Subject: pkg_comp vs. net-snmp
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2003 11:38:39
So, I want to start by saying pkg_comp is cool.  REALLY cool.
I started playing with it a few weeks ago, and now I use it to build
packages for 1.6.X and -current.

However, I've just run into my first problem with it, and before I
invest a lot of time to track it down, I wanted to see if it's
a known issue... When I use pkg_comp on my -current system
to compile it either for -current or 1.6, snmpd is ususable.
(the same problem plagues ucd-snmp, which is the direct ancestor
of net-snmp)  When I compile *without* pkg_comp, it works fine.

The error I get upon starting snmpd is in /var/log/messages:
Mar 14 11:26:25 desktop net-snmp[17233]: kvm_openfiles: No such file or directory
Mar 14 11:26:25 desktop net-snmp[17233]: kvm_openfiles: unknown: No such file or directory

This is the minimal snmpd.conf:

rwcommunity  public
syslocation  "Rizzo's Desk"
syscontact  riz@boogers.sf.ca.us

Again, the problem occurs whether linked against 1.6.1 libs or
-current libs.  I haven't yet tried building pkg_comp on another
system to see if it behaves the same, but that's the next step

Anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks,
+j

PS-  it would be even cooler if there were an easy way to combine
pkg_comp with bulk builds... (perhaps I just haven't looked enough)

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz