Subject: Re: bmake doesn't set MAKE correctly?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2003 10:36:45
"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@crufty.net> wrote:
> >./patchlist.sh < ./PATCHES > patchlist.c
> >echo "MAKE= BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gettext=/usr/pkg
> >BUILDLINK_PREFIX.ncurses=/usr/pkg

[...]

> >cd . \
> >  && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/ksh ./config.status
>

> >So, we find that MAKE is set to what looks like a partial MAKE_ENV
> >rather than to a single program.
>
> Not sure I follow, I couldn't tell from your mail what that echo was doing

I inserted a

echo "MAKE=${MAKE}"

into the Makefile.  What you saw in my previous post was

MAKE=  BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gettext=/usr/pkg [other VAR=somethings]
   ^^^^^^^

This is where it should say

MAKE=bmake BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gettext=/usr/pkg [other VAR=somethings]

or

MAKE=/usr/pkg/bin/gmake BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gettext=/usr/pkg [other VAR=somethings]

The problem with that particular package (mail/mutt) could be avoided
since it did not actually require GMAKE, as it turned out.  Without
using gmake, the package built fine.

-Jan

--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."