Subject: Re: xpm upgrade lossage -> xscreensaver, olvwm, xbatt, and more
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2003 18:28:02
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 12:07:57PM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
> the next problem revolves around the actual dependencies of other pkgs
> upon the xpm pkg.  they're all including xpm/buildlink2.mk properly,
> but that defines the xpm pkg as 3.4k (which is not installed), not
> 3.4knb1, so the xpm pkg was continually being rebuilt, failing to be
> installed, and then killing my rebuild.  making this push through was
> easy enough by setting BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.xpm=xpm-3.4knb1 in the
> environment.  maybe the buildlink2.mk file needs to be updated?  maybe
> something in the buildlink2 process is a bit broken?

I guess the buildlink2.mk is slightly broken, it has:
BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.xpm?=         xpm-3.4k
but probably should have
BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.xpm?=         xpm>=3.4k
except that I'm not sure that's gonna work, because of the non-Deweyness
of the number.
Could you give it a try?
Otherwise we'll have to change it to
BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.xpm?=         xpm-3.4knb1
and then everyone with an old xpm library would have to rebuild all on the
next update...

 Thomas